The Port-Blanc Penvenan Municipal Water-sports Centre was created in July 1961 by Pierre Furet (it was then known as a 'sailing school'), and is located right in the heart of the Cotes des Ajoncs (Gorse Coast). We provide sailing and kayaking opportunities.
The water here is unique, safe and sheltered by an archipelago of 12 isles and islets.
We provide various tuition packages (usually 5 half-days) depending on age or your wishes. Training is provided by qualified, attentive male and female instructors.
For children aged 4 to 8: the 'jardin des mers' children's club, where children can explore the marine environment, enjoy shellfish gathering and sea fishing, and visit the islands as well as learning the first rules of sailing.
For ages 7 to 12: the Beginner Bug and the Improver Bug, little two or one-man sailing dinghies. These little 2.35m boats are perfect for getting to grips with basic sailing techniques and understanding how the wind works.
For ages 10 and over, various possibilities are available:
-modern two-man sailing dinghies (a 3.90m VIBE and a 4.20m VAGO ), whose technical handling can increase as the crew’s technical ability improves. Asymmetric spinnaker.
- catamarans (twin hull), the Twin cat 13, the Hobie Teddy and the Twincat 15 Xtreme, boats suitable for beginners (Hobie Teddy), and more technically demanding boats (Twincat) for sailors looking for speed and fun for the whole crew.
- for windsurfers, new boards (2012), which - depending on size - will meet the needs of all learners, with size-adapted sails so that good progress can be made (wetsuits provided).
- the First Class 8: a small cruiser (8m) for day trips or for mini courses lasting 3 half days, you will get a chance to learn crew sailing, handling and manoeuvring to enter port with a small crew.
- sea kayaks, our most recently acquired craft, are an opportunity for you to explore the isles and islets at your own pace and all the beauty they have to offer (pebble strands, lagoons and fine sandy beaches, etc).
In addition raids and trips out in catamarans, dinghies and sea kayaks are available, depending on student abilities.
Rates for a 5 half-day course start at €97 for sailing and €51 for 4 half-days in a sea kayak.
- English, French
- Structure Description réouverture : Tous nos stages sont ouverts, (jardins des mers,dériveurs , catamaran, planche à voile , kayak). Les effectifs sont réduits , pour appliquer le plus possible les gestes barrières. Pour les petits bateaux (dériveur BUG, équivalent optimist ), inscription possible en solitaire ou en famille(ou vivant sous le même toit). la location paddle , kayak , catamaran , deriveur est possible.