Situated in La Clarté, the Crac'h Windmill probably derives its name from a corruption of the word crec'h ('mound' in the Breton language).
The windmill was built in 1727 from heavy pink granite rubble .
The cantilever at the top keeps the blades clear of the tower.
The windmill can also be rotated to face the wind, a most unusual feature.
When it was operational, the mill produced some 15 quintals of flour a day, 200 to 240 days a year.
The windmill was fully restored in 1986.
- Page d'accueil : non
- Listed or registered (CNMHS)