Built around 1295 on the same site as the seigniorial castle of the Barons de Rostrenen, and reworked during the 18th century and again in the 19th century. Belongs to the parish of Moëlou. The coat of arms, representing the alliance between Jeanne de Rostrenen and Alain VII (viscount of Rohan), which can be seen on the building, enable the church's construction to be dated to the first half of the 14th century. In 1483, at the request of Pierre IX, Baron of Rostrenen, Pope Sixtus IV granted the church collegiate status.
A collegiate church is one that, whilst not a cathedral, has a college or chapter of canons (ecclesiastical dignitaries).
The church has a half-Gothic, half-Renaissance porch which is classed as an historic monument. Gold coins from the 13th century were found when the original nave (dating from 1342) was demolished.
- Page d'accueil : non
- Listed or registered (CNMHS)