Work started on this imposing chapel, part of the castle of the château belonging to the Dukes of Penthièvre, in 1202. This Romanesque church, extended in Gothic style, houses a Louis XIV organ-case, listed as an historic monument. It was added to the choir-screen in 1741, a gift from Marguerite de Clisson and dating back to 1415. The collegiate church bears testimony to the prestigious history of the town and gives visitors an insight into how the ramparts of the Dukes de Penthièvre château might have looked.
Overlooking Lamballe, it has excellent views of the town. Practical info: guided visits of the collegiate church are available every day throughout the summer. Access for people with reduced mobility: with help (entrance step). Guided visits for groups available.
- Page d'accueil : non
- Listed or registered (CNMHS)