logo marque bretagne

Chapelle de l'ancien séminaire Saint-Yves

81 rue Mathurin Meheut 22000 Saint-Brieuc

  • Yes

Description

In 1927, architect Georges Lefort called upon Isidore Odorico, a mosaic artist from Rennes, to decorate the interior of the chapel of the grand seminary in Cesson, Saint-Brieuc. Under the high panelled vault, black and white geometric motifs cover the floor slabs whilst the walls are decorated in luminous ocres, pinks, emerald greens and tropical blues, typical of Art Deco style. The far end of the chapel crypt was also decorated; Xavier de Langlais, member of the 'Seiz Breur' group, painted the murals in 1949.

Opening
From 11/09/19 To 12/31/20

Practical informations

Visites Libres en Permanence
  • Yes
  • Page d'accueil : non
Catégorie patrimoine culturel
  • Listed or registered (CNMHS)
  • Fully equipped meeting room
Structure Description réouverture
  • Structure Description réouverture : port du masque obligatoire. Visites guidées sur réservation et maximum de 10 personnes
Structure Ouverte
  • Yes
Structure Conforme
  • Yes
Animaux acceptés
  • No
Services
  • Media library,